Sunday 5 July 2009

Llama Trekking

People choose to celebrate their birthdays in various ways, and this year I’ve chosen something totally different. My ongoing birthday festivities have been complex and self-indulgent, but the highlight was a day spent Llama trekking in Northamptonshire.

I dragged along my trusty friends Alex and Catherine and, of course, my partner Spencer (actually he organised it) and we set off for the Northamptonshire countryside. We arrived at Catanga Farm, were given a talk on Llamas and told how to handle them. We then set off on a 2 hour hike around the beautiful countryside leading our Llamas. If you’ve never encountered a Llama you should immediately book a trek. It was completely brilliant. I know it sounds a bit strange, but if you don’t know anything else about me you should know that I love Llamas – they are beautiful, gentle creatures. They are a little shy and not quite as sociable or huggable as horses and donkeys, but once you get used to their idiosyncratic ways I guarantee you’ll be hooked.

After the trek we had a tour of the centre, and got to speak to some more Llamas including some very cute baby Llamas. We polished off our day with a Champagne picnic surrounded by fields of Llamas –perfect!

My gorgeous Llama 'Felix'



Me and Felix



So gorgeous I had to post his photo again....



Another cute Llama



Resting Llama



Baby Llama

No comments: